Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review For Samsung Galaxy Prevail Android Smartphone (Boost Mobile)

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Android Smartphone (Boost Mobile)
Price : $118.00
Overall, a good phone. I have had the Prevail for a year; I got it the day it was released, and it has worked well.

The hardware in the phone is a step down. Although this is a true android phone, with market and other apps, the hardware is the issue.

For instance, my wife has a motorola atrix duo-core 1ghz. You click angry-birds, and it launches immediately, and runs flawlessly.

The prevail is a single core, 800mhz. I click angry birds... and wait. It finally launches, and runs jittery. After playing for a few minutes, the phone is obviously working too hard, as the battery heats up. (Reminds me of old analog phones, and they power they used to run). I have to monitor the task manager and close apps, to help other apps run better.

I have found a few apps that are 100% unsupported by my phone. (I forget the name, but the app that allows me to pay the meter for my car while parked downtown.) They will not install.

The other issue is the internal storage. There are only 164Mb of internal storage, and the OS uses that space too. While I found an app that will many apps over to the SDcard, and run them there, the performance is degraded. Plus, all apps run some information in the cache of the phone, using more space.

With only a few apps on the phone, I am down to 11mb of storage. This further degrades performance.

The new boost android phone uses out of date, minimal hardware. It's the equivalent of trying to run a 3 cylinder Geo in the express lane and keep up. If you don't put anything in the trunk, you might be okay. But, if you just did some shopping, and have some friends in the car with you, it just falls short every time...

Good for now.. but shopping for alternatives. The plan (with shrinkage) is down to $40 bux, and unlimited everything. I am quite happy about that....( By dql ).


Buy Samsung Galaxy Prevail Android Smartphone (Boost Mobile)

 
Back to Top Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...